It can be hard to meet people, especially during a pandemic, so dating apps have arguably had some of their best years most recently!
Disclaimer: for specific tastes and niches this may not be the article for you (Google is your friend). Ultimately, the best dating app for you will depend on your own preferences and what you are looking for in a relationship.
Good to know: Using an app that is popular in your city/country of origin may work, if you are looking for someone with the same origin as you. I hear, for example, that many Americans in Paris meet on Coffee Meets Bagel, or a religion-specific app that others of the same denomination will know about (not listed here).
What is the best and most popular dating app in France?
- Tinder – allows users to swipe left or right on potential matches. It has a wide range of users, but is generally known for its younger demographic.
- Bumble – allows users to swipe left or right on potential matches. It is women-owned and only allows women to initiate the conversation with a match.
- Happn – matches users based on their location. It allows users to see profiles of people they’ve crossed paths with in real life. It is popular among younger users, but also has an older demographic.
- Meetic – well-established in France, focuses on long-term relationships. It has a more mature user base and is generally considered a more serious dating app.
- Badoo – popular around the world. It allows users to find people nearby and has a wide range of users.
- Once – sends users one match per day, based on their preferences. It is popular among users who are looking for more serious relationships.
- AdopteUnMec – allows women to “adopt” men by placing them in their shopping cart. It is popular among younger women and has a reputation for being a more playful dating app.
In terms of popularity and demographics, Tinder, Bumble and Happn are among the most popular dating apps for a younger user base. Meetic and Badoo are popular among those looking for more serious relationships.
How do you get a date in France?
Some apps differentiate, with Bumble for example only women can initiate the conversation and also offers a Friends and Networking-Only option, rather than romantic matches. With Happn, your potential matches are based on them frequenting at the same locations as you. And Tinder is more known for quick matches rather than long-term relationships.
Where do singles meet
Meeting a new person at a café in town is always a good idea. It is recommended to meet in a popular place. So that it is not directly where you live in case you want to keep some anonymity later on. You can have a drink and then proceed if you feel comfortable!
In terms of safety, all of these dating apps have measures in place to protect users, such as verifying profiles and allowing users to report suspicious activity. However, it’s important for you to take your own precautions and be cautious when meeting someone in person.